To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, March 30, 2008

32 minutes

I ran an easy 32 minutes on Sunday morning. Cool and sunny. Took Advil to head off the achy shin. It went away during the run and didn't come back. Relatively uneventful run. The track was close to empty except for the usual Asians. I picked up the pace coming back and actually felt less lethargic and sluggish. As i came back, I glanced at a band of glass office windows and saw that a 60 plus looking runner was shadowing me.

I read this on the web about a world class triathlete who runs no more than 3-4 days a week. The rest is swimming and cycling.

Rene told me that his 'secret' is to always do some 'fast running' every time he goes for a run. So if he does a long run, he will always finish with strides, so that his body does not forget how to run fast.

I really relate to the last part. I have forgotten how to run fast.

No comments: