To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Not quite what I had in mind

Saturday

WVC Track.

I warmed up for 25 minutes and then ran the following with D leading all the way.

  • 1 x 400 shake down in 90 flat.
  • 1 x 800 in 2:59
  • 1 x 600 in 2:11.
  • 1 x 400 in 82.

I then jogged down about 20 minutes for a total workout of 50 minutes.

The workout generally hit the times I had in mind with the exception of the 600. I was thinking of 2:07 but we came through the 400 off pace and there was just no way to make it up without a gut wrenching sprint. Really D was protecting me because I had a slight achilles problem and I got through the workout without further damage.

I seemed to have flattened out a bit either physically or emotionally. Right now I can't tell the difference. But D and I agreed that even if we focus on 90's it is better than where I was before.

No comments: