To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A Good AT Run

I ran for 10 minutes around the neighborhood before driving over to Forbes to meet with Jake. It was sunny but felt very cool. We then ran a warm up loop in 25:30 which frankly felt very easy. HR was up in the 130's and 140's.

I let Jake go ahead of me on the second loop giving him a 90 second head start. Then I took off attempting to run at an AT effort. I actually felt very strong but while I could see Jake up ahead, I never caught him on the out going leg. My HR was in the high 160's and low 170's and I held it there not wanting to drive it too hard.

I caught Jake at the top (he had stopped for a short rest) and without any pause headed right back down pushing into the mid 170's. My time at the top was 10:40 so I could figured that I had a good chance of running faster than the 20:55 I had run several weeks back. 

I felt good all the way down finally coming in at 20:33.

I still have a way to go before getting within shouting distance of the 20:05 I ran last year. 

No comments: