To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, January 31, 2011

65 good minutes

Got out by around 8:30 AM and did a relatively strong 65 minutes. The HRM seemed to hover in the 130's most of the run. There is no question that it is getting tougher and tougher to run in the 140's on cool mornings. I could read it that I am getting in much better shape and hence, when that happens, you have to push to get your heart rate up.

What I need to do is put in test runs.

There are three kinds that I have used in the past.

70% test run best done in the morning when it is cool. Run 4-5 miles pushing my HR up to 70% and holding it there throughout the run. Do this once a week.

75% test run. This can be done at anytime of the day. generally 4-5 miles. Once a week is good enough.

85-90% AT run generally over 3 miles to 5K.  This should be done every 3-4 weeks.

If over time these runs get faster than I am getting in better shape. They don't lie.

No comments: