To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Acupuncture and assorted other things

6 days since pulling my calf. Lucky I shut it down immediately. Within a day the calf was good enough for me to walk a pain free hour. The only thing I did was massage with a combo of my hand, the club ( aka the stick ) and the foam roller. When I stacked my feet, I could feel the spot. That was the only time it was painful.

On Wednesday I had my first ever acupuncture treatment. One hour of needles, electric pulse and some cross friction massage. Two days later I worked my calf again with the foam roller and the sore spot was gone.

The acupuncturist recommended that I stay away running for two weeks from the date of the injury. That pretty much fits what my plan. I'll get DTM on Monday, keep working the roller and later on add in the slant board.

Until then exercise is limited to running.




No comments: