To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, March 01, 2015

AT Run

Saturday: 30 minute easy run.

Sunday: D came to my house. We jogged over to the Stevens Creek Trail and headed down to the west end as a warm up. I've measured out a 3000 meter course (out and back). It's all composite surfaced trail. A few good rises and plenty of turns with a brutal fishhook right near the start-finish.

The plan was to run 3k at 85-90% which is what we proceeded to do. The weather was sunny, cool and with a slight breeze. Because I haven't done one of these in a long time, I had no idea what to expect. The biggest challenge was to figure out a conversion rate for 3k AT to 5K race potential.

Anyhow, I ran the thing in 15:08 with D on my shoulder. Rarely went as high as 90% until the last 400. Mostly 85-88%.

We then jogged a warm down replicating the warmup. 55 minutes all told including striders just before the AT run.

The only issue was that I felt my upper left achilles tweak once during the harder effort. I backed off slightly and the tweak backed off too. My guess is that the cause was a nice hill I ran yesterday. My left leg is not ready for prime time. Still, the leg didn't bother me during the warm down.

I iced and put on capsaicin afterwards.

No comments: