To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Prognosis

Saw orthopedic doctor a week ago Thursday. He sent me in for an MRI on Monday. Results on Wednesday. Turns out I have a wear spot on my right femur where it joins the knee, but towards the back. We decided that rest was the best course. I can walk, but need to stay away from weight bearing exercise. If the inflammation subsides then I'll be able to avoid surgery ( scoping the femur ). Doc recommended 3-4 weeks in addition to the 2 weeks I had already taken off.

The knee is already much improved. Two weeks ago I had to abandon several dawg walks with Lucy due to pain. Now I can walk an hour easily.

Taking the following

Ibuprofen ( inflammation )
Glucosamine ( speculative )






No comments: