To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, August 06, 2007

Same Old

I ran for 45 minutes keeping my HRM in the high 130's and low 140's. It was a cool overcast day and my legs felt good.

I distrusted the tiredness I felt Saturday. It may be the intervals (never good for me). I need to get faster at the slower runs to get faster overall. I prefer the time trials over reps. They are more like what I face in races. I am too far down the road to trust an approach that has never worked well for me. I am beseiging 13 minutes for 3200 meters. A modest goal but one that I have not attained for years. I need to focus on that.


Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,
Or close the wall up with our English dead!
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger:
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.


"Henry V" (5.3.44-51)

No comments: