To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Saratoga High School

Dimitri and I met at the lower parking lot at the college and jogged the 2 miles over to Saratoga High School for a workout. We did a few striders and then tried to replicate last week's workout of 4 x 1200 meters starting every 8 minutes.

I was totally flat during the first one and dropped at 600 meters. There was simply nothing in the tank. Whether it is was physiologocal of psychological, it made no difference. I felt like I was hanging on.

I did jog a lap and a lap and half just to finish off the 1200. I decided to try running 800 meters on the second one and this went well. We came through 2 laps at 3:17 and frankly and totally unlike the first one, I felt I could have gone on. When we started our 3rd I felt in a groove and as we came through 800, I said "I'm going run to 1000 meters." Then when we hit 1000 I said that I was going on to the finish. We ran 4:54 and frankly by this tiem I felt fine. The last one was another 4:54 and I ran relaxed throughout. Afterwards I wondered why the struggle early on. It didn't make sense.

We jogged back to the college and our cars.

I am accutely aware that these are resembling intervals. I promised not to do these and yet here I am breaking that promise. I need to think about this. I want to run under 13:13 sometime in August. I need to focus n that.

No comments: