To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

9 Miles With Striders

I drove over to Los Gatos High to run with Jake. I guess I can now call this Wednesday's with Jake.

He was up to his old tricks running 3.5 miles before we ran. We used to call this a secret workout. As we headed up the trail I could see that he was tired (there is this way he breathes) but I figured rather than worry about it, I would just keep moving along. Our warm up loop was 28 minutes which was 4 minutes faster than last week. Then we ran a hard loop in just a hair over 22 minutes. After that one I left Jake to run his last go around while I headed back to the track for 8 laps of 300 easy, 100 fast stride. The track was suddenly inundated with a class of prepubesent girls who quickly took over the 3 or 4 inside lanes so I decided to run my striders on the backstretch where there was less congestion. I averaged 17-18 seconds on the fast portions and my legs felt excellent. I then warmed down making my total somewhere close to 9 miles.

No Wednesday afternoon club workout again. Recently, the morning running has been just hard enough to insure that if I go back out and double, I will be doing so on dead legs. I will go out again. Just not now.

No comments: