To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

21:33

Ran the neighborhood for 5 minutes before heading over to Forbes for my weekly Jake run. We really held back on the first loop but still ran under 27. On the second loop I  let Jake get a about a minute ahead of me.  I planned to run at 85-90% of max.  I was surprised that my HR went up quickly. Where my blood seemed little more than sludge back in January and February, the warmer weather seemed to have thinned things out a bit. I went right up into the mid 170's and stayed there all the way up to the top. I hit 11:10 before turning around. I pushed my HR up to 180, which wasn't that hard to do, and ran back down in 10:23 for a 21:33 overall time. 

Could I have gone faster? Probably much faster.  Certainly under 21. The fact is that I am a fairly long way from my 20:33 that I ran in February before coming down with that nasty cold.

If all goes well, I will blast the loop again in several weeks.

No comments: