To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

An hour

When you have run most of our adult life, other people, non runners just don't understand how much a part of you it becomes. A runner is more than just working out and racing.

It becomes you.

No longer competitive.

No longer fast.

Still a runner.

They could lay you off or fire you or whatever but as long as you could run, it was okay. I know because I lost or left plenty of jobs over the years. The running was consistent.

Danny, Tom and I ran an hour today. Well, Danny started late and Tom didn't feel good but we still got in our run. At the very end Danny and I ( at my urging, for no good reason ) did 4 x 100 meter strides.

Then we drove up to see Big Bill and get adjusted and have breakfast.


No comments: