To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, March 04, 2006

12 x 400: Chapter Two

I didn't end up running the 1.46 milers afterall. It was cold this morning. Maybe 36-37 degree. I warmed up with Todd, Tom and Bill and tied with Bill for first place in the warmup. Tom and Todd peeled off with 300 meters to go to use the restroom.

It was taking Walt a long time to handicap the teams and I finally just decided to go down to the track and run 400's. So I ended up running 12 x 400 in a 90 second average with a 200 meter jog. It was tough running them alone, on a cold day and on a slick track but I did the workout anyway. I finished strong and didn't feel too beat up. My body just kept responding. Once I thought to myself, I will just do 8 of them. Then when I got through that barrier I thought to myself, I will just do 10 of them. But then I felt stronger and went on doing 12 of them with the last two 400's feeling something like during the last mile of a 5K race.

It was a sizeable improvement over my January 18th 12 x 400 workout. Maybe too fast but it felt ok. Seeing that my secret goal is to run 3 x 1600 meters in 6:08-12 I will have to be very comfortable at a 90 second pace at least up through 800.

Anway another storm is coming into the Bay Area. Monday could be bloody.

No comments: