To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I Am Back

I ran 3 easy miles this morning before heading in to work.

In the late afternoon I ran an easy 2 mile warmup and then went to the track and clicked off 3:07-3:07-3:06-3:04-3:03-3:03. Fastest yet in this comeback effort. The weather was near perfect. Very little wind and tempo in the low 60's.
The effort was guarded especially during the first two. I was thinking 3:10-12 but my body simply shifted into the right gear and moved along. No one really near me. Several runners ahead of me in the 2:40's and 50's and then me. Another group well in back of me. So mostly I was alone.

A bit sore afterwards but then I have a whole week to recover.

So taking 8 days off for last week's cold seems to have been the right move.

Day's total was 8 miles.

No comments: