To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's Seattle Oustide

It is evening. 10:45 PM to be exact. It is Seattle outside. The rain is falling steadily. I haven't run this week. My throat is still scratchy (wine helps). I am going to try not to take Nyquil tonight. It is the laudnum of the 21st century. I wake up feeling fuzzy (well, fuzzier than usual).

I am sleeping upstairs in the den so I don't keep my wife up with my slightly runny nose and sometime cough. It is traditional that when one of is sick, one of us moves. Generally me. I am the portable one.

Running seems a long way off. 12 x 400 or 6 x 800 seems months ago. That body broke (cracked really) because I didn't pay attention to the signs. I was struggling ever so slightly. Running too hard for times I was seeing. The intervals looked good. That fooled me for a time. I had stopped wearing the HRM. Diving into the big, silky pool of self satisfaction.

I am not going to do a big reset. Just more use of the HRM on my recovery days and I am going to slow my intervals down to a realistic 5K date/goal pace. so maybe 6 x 800. 4 in 3:15 (date) and 2 in 3:10 (goal).

Next week, as soon as I get past this thing, I will be back at it. I keep saying that to reassure myself. Bear with me.

No comments: