To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Magic 5

In the morning I ran 6 miles at the usual slow pace keeping my HR at 140 and under.

In the afternoon I came back and ran with the club. Another 5 miles with 9 x 100 starting in the 18's and gradually taking it down to the 16's on the last two.

Dave Garcia was in town and came by to say hello. Back in my salad days it was John, Jake, Dave, Roger and myself for close to 10 years. We were all in 32-33 minute 10K range and 4 of us broke 26 for 5 miles. John, Jake and I were ranked in the top 35 runners in NorCal back in the late 1970's during the boom years when that was tough. Roger might have made it too as a Master's.

Together we were magic (magic 5) but when we stopped running together in the mid 1980's we all began to lose it. Dave went last. He held on a bit longer than the rest of us. Us not training together broke the spell. But at least we had it for a time.

No comments: