To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, July 03, 2006

Short Daves

Russ, Danny and I ran short Daves. This is a throw-back run. This was the first time the three of us have run in 4-5 years.

Now Daves is a short 10 miler and short Daves is a short 7 miler. Danny and I are short too even though Russ is tall.

The pace was slow. Well over a 9 minute pace. My legs felt stiff and tired but at least my left knee didn't bother me. I couldn't figure out why they would be tired. I took yesterday off. These days exactly how my legs feel is a crap shoot. Years ago if my legs felt tired I knew the reason. These days it is a mystery. Mostly it is caused my aging and mileage. Years and years of miles. But at least I can still run.

Danny is overweight by at least 10 pounds. Russ, getting over knee problems, is overweight too but he is gradually getting back into shape. Overweight here is relative. I am referring to "over their best running weight". I am right around my best weight but it means that my weight is a neutral factor. It neither helps nor hinders.

Can't complain though. The weather was cool and overcast. Maybe 60 degrees.

No comments: