To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Triangle

I ran a 3 mile warmup with the club and then paced Jake to a 38:32 for the 4.76 mile Triangle. The weather was moderate but it was heating up and most of the run, with it's long uphills and downhills was done in the low to mid 70's. For Jake it was a tempo run (plus) while for me it was a faster than normal training run.

I am thinking more and more of going to a three day running week. It was tough in 1990 to go to very other day and it took me a year to get my mind around it. Sheehan and Foster and Turnbull did it with great success. I would be happy with modest success. I would do something on a fourth day. Maybe a 4-5 mile walk.

So it would be two big days. 10-12 miles. Maybe more. I would double as much as possible. One day I would run a club run, race or do a threshold workout or just go out for a longer continuous run. If my AT runs became faster over time then I would know it was working. Like 1990, it is a gamble.

No comments: