To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, July 30, 2007

74:59

I ran 74 minutes and 59 seconds this morning. I thought hard about taking another step and making it an even 75 minutes but the moment passed and I was content.

My legs felt ok after a harder than usual last week. I was not speed on wheels but I ran around the neighborhood and then over to the college track with nary a blip. The college track was "inhabited" with Samaurai Warrior and a girl I will call "skinny". Her boyfriend stood guard over her while she ran laps. He placed himself on the ramp leading to the stands. He had pressed himself back into the shadows looking as malevolent as possible as he glared out at the track.

I tried to look disinterested at all times while I chased her around each lap. No, I did not gain on her. Even with legs that felt decent I seem unable to catch anyone these days. That power is gone forever with the pride of youth. It is like an old pitcher who used to have a decent fastball but knows it is gone. So he works the corners and throws junk and stuff that moves around a great deal. There is not much else in this ancient arm. I no longer throw flames but rather dust.

No comments: