To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, May 31, 2010

Welcome to the world of slow

Jake and I decided to run from Forbes today instead of Thursday. Jake was tired as a dog (whenever a dog gets tired) so we ran super slow. Each loop was right around 33 minutes which is a new record for super slow. I had run a 5 minute shakedown at home so my total running time was a blistering 71 minutes.

The weather was on the comfortable side with sun and moderate temperatures so it was easy to see that summer's coming on pretty fast.

Jake will be traveling to Texas and back over the next week so my plan is to run Forbes again alone on Thursday and see if my "alone" slow is as slow as today. I doubt it.
http://run4change.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/running-slow.jpg

In the meanwhile Dwight (he of the 100 mile weeks) is on his way to South San Jose to rejoin the human race after drinking the cool aide snow cones in Fort Collins (mostly snow) for many winters. Of course he expects us to do some training together. I can't see it. I am way to slow on my runs. He is at least two minutes per mile faster. My secret training is to run as slow as I can stand it most days and I have NO intention of changing any of that.

No comments: