To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, September 06, 2010

Greek Warriors

I ended up with sciatica (a Greek Warrior..ha ha).

A week ago I could not run (at all) and thought I had pulled a hamstring but each day the pain moved to another part of my right leg and finally settled in the glute. I visited my chiro and he adjusted me twice telling me firmly that it was piriformis and sciatic nerve issues. Those adjustments (I am like a car) really made a difference.

I can now walk and run without discomfort but I am very slowly ramping back up to my usual every other day runs. Right now I am at 15 minutes running broken up by a lot of walking.

I watched a show on TV that showed gentle (& calming) yoga-pilates exercises for the core.

I am now incorporating several of them into my weekly routine. They are really early stage stuff but don't seem to bother my back at all.



I AM SCIATICA !!!!!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/8558/300movie_story1.jpg


I AM PIRIFORMIS!!!!!
http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/300.jpg


I walked and ran for about 35 minutes today. 16 minutes of walking and the rest running. I could still feel some minor discomfort but nothing daunting. I will continue to ramp up but break up the running with more walks. Like 2 minutes running and 1 minute walking and do that 10x.

I met with Jake for breakfast. He is giving me the JV's which is fine. I think it will be easier on both of us.

No comments: