To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Walking..Walking

I am walking! The two visits to Big Bad Billy and some real rest this past week have reaped benefits. Of course I am also doing slight bits and pieces of running too. Just 10-20 second increments surrounded by walking.

I got out for 30 minutes both yesterday and today. I hope to go longer on Sunday and Monday.

I also went to the club breakfast at the Collins' home. The club ran the handicapped race. It was good enough fun to just watch and then eat and drink coffee afterward. I saw Dwight (He of the 100 mile weeks) from afar and kept my distance. I have enough stuff on my plate that I need Lu-Lu land stuff too.

Coaching is not a happy experience. Jake is a control freak but also one of my best friends. But he constantly goes non-linear yelling at the kids and sometimes me. Always followed by an apology. What bothers me the most is my not really coaching. Not really. I have talked to Jake about this and he acknowledges that it is a problem. He changes for a day or two and then goes right back to his normal behavior.

So he is just like the rest of us.

We are what we are.

I am not throwing stones but life is short (too short) and I would rather be blundering around the house than being Mr. Extra Hands- Stopwatch Man.

I am going to talk to Jake one last time. if it doesn't change I will have call it a day. It will cost us our friendship if it keeps going this way.

The answer is to give me a sub-section of the team and let me run it. I guess that won't happen but them's my terms.

No comments: