To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Not Running!

In the spirit of not running, I am taking two days off. I was on the road yesterday, a normal day off anyway. But my plan is to not run Tuesday either. I may run some Wednesday but won't really get back to it until Thursday.

The abiding secrets of master's running since I was in my mid 40's has been (and is) :

Run more on the days you run and take the intervening days off.

Use a HRM to make sure you don't get into trouble. You don't have to use every day but should use it most days. Recovery runs are 65-70%.

No pace is too slow.

Deep tissue massage every 3-4 weeks.

A good chiropractor.

In races or workouts, just try to beat what you did last year.  Forget the old days.

No comments: