To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dictating an easy pace

Upping the ante. Ran 75 minutes this morning with the last 60 in the company of Danny and Tom. I kept my HR really low. 120-130. Danny was struggling and Tom has a minor case of DOMS from running Holy City last Sunday (read: BIG uphills and BIG downhills for 9.1 miles). So no one complained of the easy pace. I felt great. Ever since I just backed off, I am feeling much better.

Jake joined us for breakfast and he was beat to a pulp after running every day for the last 19 days straight. He fired his coach. Big lesson for me is to stop screwing around and just keep the runs easy. Once every week or so I can go do something fast but nothing where I can't recover.

No comments: