To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Another shock

It was just Danny and I this morning. Tom was off to the lake house in upper Wisconsin (think cheese). We ran a very easy 60 minutes around the college as usual.

In the afternoon I went to Shawsu and cranked up the pace to 8:30 and ran it for 13 minutes (1.5 miles). A short sharp workout at the pace I hope to be running soon. No question it was a shock just like three weeks ago when I got on the treadmill and started running a 9 pace. But after around 5 minutes I settled in and began to feel comfortable. Just decided not to push it for too long.

None of these paces sound very daunting but if you age grade them, you'll get the idea.

A 9 minute mile is the equivalent to 6:37 at age 30  and 8:30 is equivalent to 6:15.

It's a shock because I have been running 10-11 minute miles which is roughly 7:30 to 8:00 pace.

No comments: