To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

6 x 800 Round two

I ran 4 miles this morning. Slow..slow....slow.

In the late afternoon I warmed up around West Valley College, did some striders on the track and ran 6 x 800 beginning every 6 minutes. It was cool but not too cold. Probably in the mid 50's as the sun set.

I ran 3:09 - 3:09 - 3:08 for the first three trying for even splits. Then I decided to switch to running the first lap slower and pushing the second lap.

The next 3 were 3:06 - 3:04 - 3:00. It was much easier this way and I ran a 3:06 average overall. I felt strong but had to basically go it alone. The two fastest runners were 10-20 seconds ahead of me and except for some now and then company, I basically ran alone.

9 mile day but who's counting.

No comments: