To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

Long Run

It was still cool in the morning so even though I went out around 8:30 I dressed up with tights, long sleeves, wool cap and a double layer of gloves. Probably a bit of a pansy but I do what I have to just to get out the door.

I ran a very slow and easy 85-90 minutes. I wore the HRM but it stayed low most of the time rarely going above 140. On my way home I stopped by De Anza track and ran some easy striders but the rest of the workout was simply burning calories.

The weather felt like it was in the mid 40's. Luckily there was no wind so it stayed comfortable. I would guess that the down week was good because my legs felt fine as on Saturday.

Now I have to get serious again and go run 6 x 800 on Wednesday afternoon. The last time I ran them in 3:08 average which was a bit too fast. I won't try to run slower but I will be realistic. I am not a 6:16 per mile 5K runner. Maybe later on but not now.

No comments: