To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

One More Step

I went to the wednesday evening track workout.

4 x 1200 meters starting every 9 minutes. My good friend Dimitri came down from Palo Alto to pace me. The weather was threatening to raim but all it did was drizzle. There was a headwind coming down the final stretch of each lap.

4:52
4:51
4:47
4:40

The workout went very well. As usual I was isolated with the fast runners 20-30 seconds in front of me and smaller slower group well behind. If it hadn't been for Dimitri I would have had to run solo fighting that wind each lap. But he told me to just stay behind him or on his shoulder and he set the pace.

On the last one I hissed at him to pick up the pace with about a lap and half to go and then faster still on the last 400 so that it felt like the end of a 5K race.

I felt great. Strong throughout. 87 second last lap.

If all goes well next week, I will run 3 x 1600 in 6:30 or faster. Then I will begin to climb the ladder again the week after.

12 x 400
6 x 800
4 x 1200
3 x 1600

No comments: