To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Colder Than Heck

The weather has turned very cold. Snow on the mountains down to 2-3,000 feet.

I thought I might run hard today but as I drove over to West Valley College my car's outside temp guage read 36 degrees. I ended up running somewhere between 6-7 miles easy while the club ran the Valentine's Day relay.

So another dump week is in the record book. If done successfully a dump week feels like I am detaching from running. Almost as if I am not a runner but have become more of a sometime jogger. Also my legs begin to feel really decent. As I ran yesterday my legs felt great.....Rested.

The danger is that I need to remain attached to hit my goals. So next week, starting Monday, I have to get serious again. Or maybe I should realize that taking a down week is serious. Damn serious.

Or I risk becoming just another casualty in the cadre of dead legged runners.

My barber, Mary told me yesterday that she was shocked to hear I was going to be 61.

You don't look any different than when i started to cut your hair.

Mary, that was 1986. I was 41.

OK, you have a few more grey hairs and a few wrinkles. But that running must really work.

You look the same.

I think not but it was nice of her to say it.

So a nice dye job and a few botox injections and maybe I can pass for a man in my 40's but how do I ever run the same times I could in my 40's? Even my late 40's. Run in ythe 17's for 5K and be dominant as a 61 year old runner. Few could touch me.

I know, call Dwight. Run 80-100 mpw. Take a myriad of supplements and do all sorts of strengthening exercises and recovery techniques. Become obssessed again.

No comments: