To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, August 27, 2009

16 FLAT!!!!!



Tuesday:




AM: I ran 45 minutes early at an easy pace. Putting in place a 4 day running plan to revive my legs. It was overcast and cool. Almost fall-like. Traffic increasing as schools begin to sequentially open up for the term. The plan is to get my ass over to Saratoga track this evening and run some striders and hook up with Danny (who by the way is the identifiable hero of Saratoga cross country). Everyone knows his name. It almost Cheers-like.


PM: Met Danny at the track. The weather felt hot and sticky. Not used to it. I have been a morning runner for months now. The track was crowded. The football team was working out and then Pop Warner showed up. These guys were all over the inside lanes. Danny almost collided with one player on his last rep. I ran around 30 minutes with 4 x 100 in 17-17-16-16 (drafting off Danny's 200's). Last one was 16 flat! Slight flare in the right groin. I need to be careful. The speed is there but the body needs to catch up. Iced when I got home.

75 minute day.

Thursday:


I was supposed to meet Jake at Forbes at 8 am but my car wouldn't start. I ended calling my auto service (CSAA) and had to wait for them to show. God, they were prompt. The problem was my battery so I bought a new one (installed by them on the spot). Then I drove up to Forbes, had coffee with Jake and Wally before heading off for a 60 minute painfully slow run. My legs are still sore from Tuesday. Things held together and I got the run in before the heat descended on Bay Area. I am definitely paying the price for the fast 100's.

DOMS-R-US

No comments: