To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Time to change (again)

D is gone to Toronto so I drove to WVC and ran 50 minutes with 6 x 100 meter strides. I averaged 18 seconds. The club was running the infamous 36 x 200 meter 3 man relay. I checked in to find that 4 club runners, including me, had pulled their calf's in the past year so we're sort of a club within a club. Two of my colleagues wrap their calf muscles with an ace bandage. Several asked me how my achilles was doing (except it wasn't my achilles that took half of last year out, it was my calf).

Small turnout. The Pacific Association Cross Country season just began so many of the "studs" were over in Santa Cruz running the first of the series. It crossed my mind that I should consider running the series but then I reminded myself that {{{focus}}} will be critical for me to run a fast mile next year.

Sunday:

50 minutes. Legs tired. Stopped several times. Didn't really want to be out there today. It is time to cut back to a four and maybe even on occasion, three day training week. 5 days a week or even three in a row just beats me up no matter how slow the pace is.

Time to change again.

A couple of sounds bites from the past and present at Sun:

I ran into Smita, my old buddy from Sun. We hadn't talked in a year or more. It was good to catch up.

I also ran into another colleague who is still as Sun and is positioned to make the Oracle transition. He told me that he was in a meeting the other day and "Larry" called in on the phone to tell the group the direction they should be taking. After pontificating he left them with these words.

"Either you make it happen or your replacements will!"

Good Larry?

Evil Larry?

As for Sun.....

They're coming!

http://www.andrewchase.com/uploads/war%20of%20the%20worlds%20teaser%20shot.jpg



http://www.waroftheworlds.com/downloads/desktops/tripodart/wp_t1_1280x1024.jpg

No comments: