To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, August 13, 2009

work...WORK...WORK!

Tuesday:


Oh God, I woke up way too early. Too much on my mind (work...work...work).
http://armoredsquirrel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/WorkInProgress%5BMallet%5D.gif

4:30 AM. That vacant, empty time of summer twilight.* The sky just beginning to lighten in the west. I sneaked back under the covers, hiding. Maybe I would fall back.

No deal! I rolled out of bed around 5:15 (with a groan) after an unsuccessful attempt to fall back to sleep. Started the coffee and laid out on the couch. Amber came over and nuzzled me. The wonder dog, all 13 1/2 years of her was awake! I finally went out for a run at 6:30 having shaken myself awake. I jogged for 50 minutes coming back by the house at 25 minutes to get Sue some hot water and close the windows. By the time I finished the 2nd 25 minutes and walked back in the front door she was brewing coffee for herself. The rich, pure smell filled the house.

Showered and took Amber out for a walk.

*The diffused light from the sky during the early evening or early morning when the sun is below the horizon and its light is refracted by the earth's atmosphere.

Wednesday:

Good night sleep. Didn't want to get up (just beat the alarm). Had a mug of coffee and then went out and ran a sluggish 55 minutes of slow..slow including big loops at the college. I guess it's the day after syndrome. My legs felt OK yesterday but less so today. I did get stronger as the run went on. Low energy in the beginning and decent energy as things progressed. Amber didn't get her walk :-( and she gave me sad, guilty looks.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjYm3skUrPIdIcQg44WkcPmq7qO4s9-B87fkXMC5xEwKn8hQOzuBfNGxf6VBzOGO1KUfwpPt1EGJM0EHHUn_dfBfOo_r6HbPhNRy0NU2lPRIA9y5AudgHUau-pnvADO3DfnU54UEA/s400/DSC_0043.JPG

Thursday:

I drove over to Forbes Mill this morning. I hadn't been over there in months. Construction City going on near the parking lot and around the high school. My normal path was blocked so I had to take a circuitous route to get to the track and decided to take the "secret" trail back to Forbes. I finished off running a Dammit up and back for a total of 50 minutes.

Legs tired. No snap. Aggravated by early morning heat. A prelude to and warning of a 90 degree day.

Decided not to over analyze why I am tired. I just is.



No comments: