To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, August 09, 2009

2 x 1000



Saturday

We ran over at Prospect High Track. Soccer players practicing. Runners on the track. A bit crowded for my taste.

Between running at home and on the track I did 25 minutes of slow jogging followed by striders.

The workout was 2 x 1000. Goal was 3:48-52. D lead perfectly and we did the first one in 3:47. It wasn't easy though. We didn't do the shakedown 400 and as usual it took me several laps to warm to the pace.

Walked 600 and then did another one. Got distracted by kids playing in the fast lanes between 400 and 500 meters. They barely moved out of the way. But it came back to haunt us when they were back there on the next lap. No track-sense. Parents did nothing to corral them and I lost my cool and my focus. We were able to get back on pace over the last 400 and run another 3:47. I felt better but still, the workout was tough. I checked. It was statistically slightly better than the 800's I ran last week.

Warmed down for 40 minute total.

D wants to shoot for sub 4:30 for the 1200 meter time trial next week. So coming through close to 3:00-3:02 and pushing that 3rd lap. I would be happy with 4:33 or under.

Sunday

Shel and I drove up to GG park and ran a DSE race. I jogged a very easy, sore legged 25 minutes before the race. I kept Shel company during the 5K which we ran in 29 minutes and change. Afterward, we ran back to the car. 60 minutes all in all.

Exciting highlights included the following:

Two young gals ripping by me on my 25 minute pre-race warm up.

Hearing some guy in black shorts tell his girlfriend that they were running slower than a ten minute pace. I was behind them at the time.

Catching and passing two young, tall gals in the last mile only to be caught by a woman we see all the time at these events who chants reaffirmation phrases to herself.

Way to go


Feeling good


Let's get going (as she unintentionally cuts me off..but then I am running as a bandit and don't plan on coming anywhere near the finish line).

No comments: