To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, August 21, 2009

Adventures in Legs

Tuesday:

My legs felt better this morning. Not great but better than Sunday. I ran an easy 50 minutes. Not much going on. Traffic was light but I know it will go nuclear in the next several weeks as the local schools go back on line.

I am really thinking about going back to every other day running (or 4 days a week). I would rather run further the days I do run versus more days. I am a bit beat up. I hate to change anything because I have had steady improvement but I think I am running into the proverbial wall.


My heroine, Maggie Vessey went down yesterday in the semi's at Berlin. Looked like she was sleep walking through her heat. She ended up dead last. I am going to have to find another big blond to follow. :-(

Wednesday:

Ran 60 minutes this morning. Very quiet preschool year track. Almost empty of walkers and runners. Some of my college routes are cut off by construction going on. These temporary fences suddenly go up so I have to run other routes.

Legs OK but I am tired. Slight headaches during the day. I think I am over trained. Hard to believe because I seem to do so little but whatever it is, it is too much for right now. I have some nice momentum. Don't want to crater it. I will adjust. I have been thinking about 4 days a week and that may be the move that is necessary. I haven't been doubling but I may have to once or twice a week. I haven't run at lunch for months. As the weather cools I may go back to the Baylands.


http://completerunning.com/photos/2007Feb26-TiredRunner.jpg

Friday:

I took off with some trepidation. My right achilles was slightly sore last night even though it had not bothered me at all in recent memory. I taped and iced. The run turned out to be the usual. I slow jogged 60 minutes. My legs felt OK (as in O-K). No achilles problems. A tiny bit of tightness in my upper right calf right behind and just below the knee. I will need to be careful about that. Will The adventures in legs ever end?

No comments: