To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, August 15, 2009

4:31.9

Saturday:

Goal workout was 1200 meters in 4:30-33.

The place was Prospect High School. This might be the last run there for a while. WVC track is back open so I will drift back there for the time being.

Warmed up with D for a total of about 25 minutes including some strides. Then we ran a shake out 400 in 92. I admitted to feeling sluggish (or sluggo). I asked that we go out a bit slower and ramp up the pace as we ran.

The first lap was 94. I can't say it was easy. I wasn't totally into it. At 600 meters I thought to myself that if I was going to be a miler, I needed to run the planned workout regardless and tough it out. D had already decided that we had to pick up the second lap if we were going to hit out target time range. He told me later that he had decided to run a 90 and just hoped I would still be there.

We came through in a scintillating 3:04 and I was still there. Not maxed out but my quads were feeling it even though my breathing was fine. Down the backstretch I said to D that I was there which meant I didn't know if I could go any faster. Turns out I could. With 200 to go the pace quickened and I just went with it. I figured that I was fighting to get under 4:36 which is what we ran the last time we did this workout.

When we flashed across the line the time read 4:32. Actually 4:31.9 but who's counting. I was glad to get away with a workout inside my target range. I jogged down for 12 minutes and was surprised that my legs actually felt OK.

Bottom line. Breathing fine. Legs tired. I believe the 1000's last week plus the 60 minute run the next day ran me down a bit. I need to be more discreet.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rELR4F15yRY/SinxJFs46BI/AAAAAAAAArE/rDlsfRQI59k/s400/GASP.jpg

Sunday:

A very slow (S-L-O-W) 60 minute run. I was the slowest guy on the track. I would like to say this was by design but really it was just because.

Because why?

Because my legs were tired.

No comments: