To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, February 15, 2010

CV's and such

I am going to have to claw my way back to respectability in this running game. But I know that intervals won't do it. Never has and never will. As much as possible I am going to run very other day.

Oops, I know this is a change in plans but it will work out to 3 days one week and 4 the next. I should be able to handle it.

My focus will be on increasing the time run on the days I run (duh).

If I do hard workouts they will be limited to one of several types.

Striders on the track. Real strides, not all out sprints.

I will more than likely adapt Tinman's CV's and tempo runs. They are way off anything hard like VO2 max work but should help me develop the ability to handle faster work. Even yesterday, running down the promenade south of AT & T Park, I was uncomfortable with the fast pace. Not with the oxygen intake part. I was no where near lactic acid per se. It was more of the physical nature of running harder than a slow jog. The mechanics are just not there.

Since I am close to 23 flat for 5K at 85-90% my plan is to focus on the next level which is 22:30. I can't believe I am this slow but I had better get used to this sort of thing. I may get faster for a time but eventually I will be slower.

CV pace is 7:24 (these are like threshold reps)
Tempo Pace is 8:09 (this is more like lactate runs)

I wonder what the latter converts to on the Forbes Mills loop?

No comments: