To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Target

So now I know that my weakness is exposure to hell bent for leather and lead, anger management, micromanaging, territorial types. To some extent this has been one of the footnotes of my so called career.

Bullies!

The words change but the concept is the same.

As I wrote some years ago, I must have a target painted on my back. Or perhaps I am the man painted on the target. Maybe I painted myself there.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_324/1224452086nJ922W.jpg

Even in my soon-to-be last job, I ran into two of them. The first individual, I didn't bring in and the other I did bring in. The first person eventually self destructed but only after she played all of us against each other. The team pretty much hated her. While she was still here I moved offices to distance myself. I was ecstatic.

The second one was a good girl consultant until she was offered my job and then she turned into a pit bull. With only a month left I decided not to fight this one out but I realize fully that this is just another of those folks who think they can run me down while smiling to my face. At this moment I have 3 weeks to go and will continue to avoid her as much as possible.

Not ignore her. Just avoid any unnecessary contact. It isn't pleasant this tackling dummy thing.

I was hoping for a peaceful exit but that doesn't seem to be the case. Once you let one in the door, you shouldn't be surprised if it bites your hand and mauls you as you go down for the count.

http://rlv.zcache.com/adore_a_bull_pit_bull_bag-p1499174639506738912w9lg_400.jpg

Happily I will be heading out the door and she can maul someone else.

No comments: