To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

Easy 80

Easy 80 minutes this morning. It was cool and sunny. Almost perfect conditions. I originally headed over to the college but some sort of kids event had the track and soccer field tied up in knots so I headed out and did some of my old courses. Ended up coming back on the RR Tracks (aka, THE FORBIDDEN ZONE) and finishing feeling relatively strong.

The reason there is a railroad in Cupertino is the Hansen Cement Plant nestled (or rather carved) in the local hills. Several times a week a train runs from the plant to where ever it goes carry its load. Union Pacific, who owns the right of way does not like people walking along the very wide path next to the tracks but they don't patrol it. So on a daily basis hundreds of folks use it.

 Anyway, here is the plant or the rail head. This is ground zero.
photo

No comments: