To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, October 02, 2011

2 x 400

When I began this whole thing back in May, one of my milestones was to be able to run 2 x 400 in 80 seconds. Nothing thundering by any means but age graded it's like running 60 seconds back in the day. Wednesday told me I was ready for sure. Heat aside I was ready on Wednesday! I did a slow 20 minute warmup, did my usual strides and told Dimitri, my faithful friend and pacer, that I was ready. We did a shakeout 200 in 40 and it felt easy. Maybe too easy. We rested and then did the first 400. We had decided to go off pace so I wasn't surprised to see 21-41 on the front half. But then we accelerated hitting the 300 in 60 and coming to the end in just under 80. More rest and then... The second 400 was a tick faster hitting the 200 in 40 but the acceleration was sharper. We notched a clean 78! We then did a slow 20 minute jog...jog to finish off. Next stop, somewhere down the line, will be 2 x 400 in 75.

My goal is to be able to run fast and have my competition not be able to do anything about it and not want to try.

http://www.bestourism.com/img/items/big/7707/Cheetah-greatest-fast-runner_Fast-runner_13639.jpg

No comments: