To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Early start

Danny convinced me to haul my ass over to WVC a half hour earlier than normal so we could run, have breakfast and still get over to the baylands to set up the XC course. I backed everything up getting a 7 minute dump run in in semi darkness and arriving at the campus early enough to avoid the usual middle school traffic on Fruitvale.

I sneaked in another 3 minutes of jogging before Moonie showed up. God, I tend to be obsessive

Danny and I ran our usual slow 60 minutes in a fall like mist that had settled over the area. I was able to get away with a t-shirt and shorts but I wore my cycling gloves (I don't cycle) to keep the chill off my hands. Legs felt good. No ill effects from last evenings 200's.

After breakfast I had a long phone conversation with Mark Gomes who is one of the best age group 800 meter runners in the US.  Our talk had a big impact on my thoughts about master's training. He has taken the science of cross training to a high art form. He has made X-training, the training.

No comments: