To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Saturday, October 15, 2011

52 minutes of what....

I did my usual warmup around the neighborhood and then drove over to the college to run with the club. They were lining up for a the Triangle run which is 4.76 miles. 30 years ago I held the club record of 25:41. Pretty much a solo effort after the first two miles.

Today was different. The turnout was small. Maybe two dozen runners max. My plan was to run easy. When we started I was in last place with the pack moving quickly away from me. I was quickly facing the obvious. I was running alone. Was going to continue to run alone and if that was so, why run the course? I dropped off at about 1.5 miles and cut back over to the campus, eventually running up the the long hill that led to track. I had almost made it when the finishers came towards me, jogging a campus loop as a warmdown. I joined Big Mac and we ran together to the where my car was parked.

52 minutes total of what...

My easy pace is no longer relevant to running with the club during a workout because to run easy is to run alone. I was running through suburban Saratoga but I could just have easily have been running anywhere.


http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000imf1i26rdlo/s/800/640/lone-runner-on-the-beach-in-Southampton-New-York.jpg
Lone Runner


No comments: