To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

12 mile day

I spent Monday and Tuesday at Seascape. Two all day meetings. Beautiful place to run but with no real time to run.

Today (Wednesday) I got back on the horse and rode it 12 miles by running 6 miles in the morning and another 6 in the late afternoon. Both runs were low key but my legs felt great. I could have piled on a few more miles if I had wanted to.

One issue: My left knee is slightly stiff at the very beginning of my runs. This has been going on for the last week or so. Once I get about 8-10 minutes into the run the stiffness goes completely away as if it had never been a problem. It does not hurt when I walk around but sometimes I feel it going upstairs. I am icing, adviling (cautiously) and also bought one of those knee straps that fits just below the patella. I plan to wear that Friday when I go out and see if it helps.

I have a rule. If it gets better as I run, I keep going. If it gets worse I stop. Right now I keep running.

No comments: