To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Double Day

I took Tuesday off as promised and so my lesg felt much better on Wednesday for both runs.

Morning was an uneventful 5 miler. Afternoon was another 5 over at the Srartoga High School Track with the club. I did a warmup along Herriman (ugly..traffic) and then ran the club workout which was 12 x 400. We had a good crowd. The track is up and exposed, not down in a bowl like West Valley so even though it was in the high 70's, it was cooler with soem cross winds.

I ran every third interval hard just as a test. My legs responded nicely.

90-88-85-80. When I reached down it was there.

The rest of the 400's I ran easy and at the back of the pack. The point being that every other day running is critical for me. I didn't feel beat up at all.

I also went into work at my clients for 3 hours. We are gearing up for an offsite next week on Monday and Tuesday. I admit that I hate offsites. I just don't see the need to trapse off to a resort to do this sort of thing. And it's two days. We'll be sucking sand by the end of the second day. Not the way I do things but that's the breaks. Anyway that is a whole other post. I doubt I will run either day unless I am willing to get up very early on the second day or run after the offsite is over. Or I can just wait it out and jump on my regular schedule of Wed-Fri-Sat or Sun and then pick it up from there.

I have not been very Lawrence-like over the past several weeks. My goal has been to detach from my HR role and really become a consultant again. I think my successor is well established and the few times I do come in events seem to be flowing around me. When I do come back in I want what I do to be very different. Pure influencing of the "tribal structure"of the organziation will be my main strategic role.

No comments: