To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Run Walk

I decided not to call it quits. I went out and ran and walked for about 45 minutes this morning. It was already getting warm. I ran and walked over towards the college where some sort of kids olympics was going on disrupting the usual sunday quiet of the track and campus.

All in all another 40 mile week.

At this point I have to run just to run. Sort of like going out for Sushi now and then.

There is no more "more" in my legs. I am lucky to be running and how silly it is of me to worry about this anymore. I am surrounded by guys who can still run and race (when they are not injured). I was once that very person except I was younger (MUCH YOUNGER).

If I look at my crowd I can see how it all works out.

Me: Still running. I am 3rd tier for my age group. 21's for 5K. Now and then show promise of running under 21. Known for shooting self in foot (mataphor). In NFL football terms I am the quintessential 7-9 or 8-8 team. I make the playoffs now and then but not much anymore.

Jake: Still running but slower than me at any distance. This from the first good runner that I went after and cared about beating. In beating him, we became friends.


John: Can't run anymore. On eof his knees is shot. He rides a mean cycle though.

Dave: Still runs but not very much or very quickly. Has a major health problem so that fact he runs at all is amazing (unless you know Dave).

Bill: Knees gone. Runs some but mostly rides a bike these days.

Tim: Still runs but very slowly.

There are more. I run into them from time to time. Most are injured, run very little or have given it up altogether.

Secretly I think I run to burn calories.

No comments: