To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Life at the Back of the Pack

I went up to the DSE run in GG Park with Shel today and ran very easy.

I didn't get to bed until late trying to wrestle with a Windows XP spyware problem. So I finally staggered to bed around 12:30. I felt stupid staying up that late but I was a bit obsessed.

I staggered out of bed at about 6:15, poured down a tankard of coffee and got going. It was foggy and cool in the park and I ran a short 3 miles before the 5K and another mile (plus) afterward. During the run I kept my HRM at under 150 but even with the cool weather I was slow. I spent most of the run next to a short, plump girl who wore black shorts over Lycra and a tall brunette who had died (oops dyed) her hair blond but hadn't done a very good job of it. There was also an older guy who would run hard, then walk and then run hard again. He lurched along like this during the whole run. For a time I thought he was using Galloway walking break method but now I am not so sure.

Anyway this was life at the back of the pack.

I got home in the late morning and worked on my computer (we had shifted to light sabers in our relentless duel ) before I finally figured a way to get rid of the spyware (at least I hope it is gone).

I am on the verge of leaving Windows for a Mac. I am just plain tired of viruses and spyware. As a Mac users said to me recently, if you can be free, why not not now?

No comments: