To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Friday, January 30, 2009

He Who Must Be Obeyed



He Who Must Be Obeyed and his Management Team


I have decided that if my present gig doesn't pan out long term that I will take some real time off. I am getting late in the day and "time" is becoming more important that dollars. It's not that I am unhappy. It is the opposite. For better or worse this is the place I belong (at least for now). But The Valley is struggling for revenue and we're no different. No better, no worse. It is what it is.

He Who Must Be Obeyed is charismatic but lacks the deep courage that will insure success. We did a RIF in July and again in December. Now it turns out that we may have to do another one. It's like "bleeding" a patient to make them well. That technology went out with George Washington.

The problem is that he has given too much power to The Grumpy One and the other dwarfs don't like having to take orders from him just because it so grouchy.

As for me, the options are endless:

I may stay where I am in my present position
I may end up sharing the VP duties
I may just ride it out to the end and get axed from The Magic Kingdom
I may end up VP (not a good choice)

I am not attached heavily to any of these choices. For the first time in my life as an employee (versus being a consultant) I am just enjoying the work and the people I get to work with. There is no career in the equation. That ended with TMTA some 7 years ago.

No comments: