To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Retreat

My wonderful head cold is retreating across the tepid, California winter landscape. But now my son has it. Nice 23rd birthday present.

Sorry about that.

Thinking about running gives me a headache. A happy headache at that! When I return it will be 3 days a week. 3 days of what (????) is the question.

If I followed the recommended three day formula it would be the following.

1 day of tempo running

1 day of pace work (OK...Intervals)

1 day of running long

I can't really do any of this without first lengthening my calf muscles and achilles tendons so that they don't "pull".

During the football games today I stood barefoot feeling the stretch. I have been on two heel lifts for almost 3 weeks now. About ready to go to one heel lift.

On the other hand.....

Worked on possible chapters for Lawrence proposal. Trying to think about what will make the book unique. My perspective I guess would guess.

No comments: