To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Walk Before Running

I have to learn to walk before I run.

I have removed two layers of heel lifts (there were four) that I have been wearing to protect my achilles and calf's. I can feel the natural stretch whenever I walk around. I need to s t r e t c h out those muscles and tendons if I ever hope to be able to run without constant injuries.

So the first steps are simply to walk around on a daily basis and get those big tendons and muscles used to being worked. Then I can add in some serious running later on. I really have no other choice. The "let's add another heel lift" was causing things to atrophy. My range of movement was declining and I constantly was reinjuring myself. Add in ice and massage and I might have a chance.

No comments: