To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

50 minutes of fierce, windy running

I drove out to Sunnyvale Baylands and ran at lunch. Because I still too cheap to buy a parking sticker I had to park my car at the ball field lot next door. The wind was blowing something fierce but I got in a good 50 minutes with 6 x 100 strides towards the end. Outside of the last part, the pace was abysmal and slow. I am dieting my way down to racing weight which means that even if I eat enough calories to cover the run and my goal weight (1400), I am deficiting. So I am a bit on the weaker side. The pain dujour is my back and hip. Nothing too bad but annoying. If it continues, I will go see Big Bill.

In regards to the latest Damascus opportunity. I have looked closely and evaluated the chances of being the mainspring of something important but it's not there. At least not in a way that I could be effective. The CTO has the relationships. He is the influencer, not me. Over time I have abdicated too much. I have a very decent relationship with him but he is not my prophet. I am going to have to settle for a very minor role. If a greater opportunity comes along I will look and see if it is doable. Otherwise, my sphere of influence is minor. When I came back inside I knew that this would probably be the case. My role will be more as a doer and less as an initiator. That and being a now and then seer or oracle to those in power.

No comments: