To reach me via email

If you wish to reach me: lastchancerunner@gmail.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

Think Attila The Hun

If the story of Oracle taking over Sun comes to pass then you can be sure of several things.

There Will Be Blood

No Country for Old Men


In speaking of the Peoplesoft and Siebel acquisitions:

Marc Benioff, chief executive of Salesforce.com, which sells hosted CRM systems that compete with products from SAP, Oracle and Siebel, wasted no time in criticizing that plan.

"Oracle's strategy is simple. Instead of innovating, buy as much installed software as possible, call it all Oracle Fusion, and make sure it all uses Oracle's database," Benioff said in a statement Monday. "Now, the same thing that happened to PeopleSoft will happen to Siebel; it will die."

Solaris will be the target of this deal. I believe Oracle will quickly and ruthlessly make the tough decisions that Sun was unable to make. Anything that doesn't make money will be slashed.

Think Attila the Hun.

If I were a Sun employee in a non essential area, I would begin to look for my next zoo now.

No comments: